Hello from Camp,
As of 4/29/2013 all Camp Hanes Summer Staff 2013 positions have been filled.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
I am looking forward to bringing together a strong staff for another excellent summer at Camp Hanes. Our team will consist of people dedicated to creating a safe, fun, and positive experience for our campers. Camp has the unique opportunity to succeed in a beautiful and exciting environment. Our mission statement is “Helping people reach their God-given potential in spirit, mind and body.”
Summer camp not only provides a great opportunity for the campers, but for staff as well. Camp is a unique way to spend your summer; and the friendships and memories you make will last a lifetime. The work skills provided can benefit you in a variety of job fields. The summer staff members roles are important, we take them very seriously. Parents trust us with their most precious possession, their child, and we have a large impact on their lives. We have high expectations for our staff. Everyone hired will go through extensive training, drug test, and a background check. Your job will consist of long hours and hard work. We will have a set of policies in which you will sign off on that include dress codes and a code of conduct. Be sure to look over the important information section below, it shares the dates of employment and more. Let me know any questions you have about the. If you are hired and chose to work for camp it will, ultimately, change your life.
Application, questionnaire and reference forms are available for you and are required to join our team. If you are interested in working with camp this summer please take time to fill it out and send/email them to camp. We will schedule an interview, once we have all the required paperwork, either in person or on the phone. It is important to put a strong team in place. I look forward to talking with about how you can strengthen Camp Hanes.
We look forward to a safe, fun and memorable year. We have an incredible summer planned and we are excited about the opportunities we will share with our staff. If you have any questions about this information, the upcoming summer, or ideas to share please give us a call at (336) 983-3131. You may also choose to email at email@example.com. If you are hired and chose to work for camp it will, ultimately, change your life. We look forward to hearing from you!
Jen de Ridder
Summer Camp Director
Important Information Summer 2013
Family Camp Weekend and Mother’s Day Open House
- Dates May 10th -12th
- If interested in working let Jen know.
- Arrive at 2 pm on Sunday June 2nd.
- Ends Sat June 8th around lunchtime.
- Be prepared and pack to stay throughout the entire training.
- We will train both during day and evenings.
Summer Camp Employment
- Staff are employed from June 2nd – August 9th.
- Counselors will have weeks of June 16th and 30th as optional weeks off; staff will work one or the other programs of Camp Carolina Trails and Omega Psi Phi, unless needs dictate otherwise.
- All time off must be pre-approved unless it is an emergency.
- Staff work from Sunday at 10 am through Friday at 8pm and work one weekend a summer.
Junior Counselor Session 1 Training/Employment
- Arrive at 10 am on Monday June 17th.
- Junior Counselors will be off the week of June 30th.
- Employment ends the evening of Friday July 19th.
Junior Counselor Session 2 Training/Employment
- Arrive at 10 am on Sunday July 14th.
- Employment ends on the evening of Friday August 9th.
YMCA Lifeguard Training
- Dates TBA.
- If you are interested in becoming a lifeguard you will need to contact Jen.
- CampHaneswill cover the cost of the lifeguard class/certification and you will receive payment for the work week while you are trained.
Challenge Course and Alpine Training
- Dates TBA.
- If you are interested in being trained to work the Alpine Tower / Challenge Course please send an email to Michael.